At Daly Movers Inc, we are experts at packing.
(Really! Our employees even complete a packing certification program.) We’ve been in the business for 40 years and have learned what works and what doesn’t. When it comes to packing your belongings, it is impossible to be overprepared.
As tedious as it may seem, the packing processes is one of the most important steps when planning a move. Is the added expense of moving materials worth the cost? If you want your items to stay intact, safe and secure during a move, then yes.
Here are some often overlooked moving supplies worth using:
- Packing paper
- Packing tape
- Mattress bags
- Bubble wrap
- Specialty boxes
- Box cutters
- Moving blankets
If items are not packed and store appropriately during a move, they are at risk for being damaged. By using the correct boxes — yes, there are designated boxes for specific items — you can prevent against potential harm done to your items during the moving process.
- Small boxes: Perfect for heavy items, like books.
- Medium boxes: Great for somewhat heavy items, like clothing or knickknacks
- Large boxes: Ideal for bulky items that are not too heavy, such as bed comforters, lampshades or kids’ toys.
- Dish Packs: Special boxes are essential for transporting your fragile dishes and china. They are custom made for dishes to prevent breakage.
- Wardrobe boxes: Tall boxes that come equipped with a metal bar for hanging clothes right from the closet. Simple, easy and no folding required.
- Mirror box: Superstitious or not, a broken mirror never served anyone well. Mirror boxes help keep mirrors, glass tabletops or artwork safe and secure.
- Custom crates: If you are moving special and fragile items, such as chandeliers, sculptures or instruments, consider using custom crating services to keep your items risk-free.
Daly Movers offers packing and crating services. We specialize in proper packing techniques and can ensure your items make it safely to their end destination. If you prefer to pack on your own, we carry a complete line of professional packing supplies and boxes.
Don’t settle for old, used boxes leftover from the local grocery store. When moving, you always want to use heavy-duty boxes for your fragile and heavier items. While packing boxes, be sure to consider what kind of packaging each item needs specifically. If you prefer to pack on your own, we carry a complete line of professional packing supplies and boxes.
Buy Moving Boxes From Daly Movers, Inc.
For a nominal charge, we will even deliver packing supplies to you. For larger orders, we will deliver free of charge. Call for details. Our experienced staff can answer all of your packing questions and recommend which packing materials would best fit your needs.