This type of long-distance move requires special international relocation services, and Daly Movers Inc. will be there help you along the way. When you choose us, you can expect friendly service, attention to detail and fair pricing.
As a member of the Arpin Van Line family, Daly Movers has the support to deliver moving and storage services throughout the country and around the world. Arpin Van Lines has consistently been recognized for delivering the best safety record, unmatched service and green moving innovation. We take pride in being a part of Arpin and only offer the best moving services to our customers.
International Moving Services
Overseas moving is a unique and rather fun experience. Not everyone gets the opportunity to make an international relocation, and it is no wonder why some people take it given the chance.
What makes Daly Movers different from other moving companies? Our moving specialists are trained to handle various moving situations, with one of them being global moving.
When you hire us, you get the full overseas moving experience, including the following:
- Local support from southern California to your international destination.
- Full-service support of packing, loading, shipping, customs, storage and destination services.
- Unlimited services including: international auto moving, international piano moving, international fine arts moving, and crating services.
- Worldwide connections and expertise at your service.
International moving involves the use of large shipping containers. If your belongings do not fill an entire shipping container, we can help you by consolidating and deconsolidating your belongings. This means that we can securely track your items in our inventory and combine them with the shipments and personal contents of other international movers, to save both parties money.
If your items are being shipped to Southern California from points abroad, we can receive the entire shipment, unload your belongings and then schedule them for delivery to your home or store them for you in our warehouse until you are ready for them.
At Daly Movers, we can handle the logistics and complications of international moving. We’re here to take the stress off you, so you can enjoy your new surroundings.
If you have any additional questions about our international moving process, don’t hesitate to reach out to us via phone or our contact form.
International Moving Process
Preparing to make an international move involves a lot more work on your end than an interstate move. Besides the normal moving procedures, such as needing to change your address on all accounts and bills, you need to handle all international logistics and go through a customs clearance (or even multiple).
Unsure about where to start for your international move? Here at Daly Movers, we’ve compiled an international moving checklist for you to use:
- Apply for the appropriate visa before you begin the relocation process. Applying and obtaining a visa takes much longer than packing and moving, so it’s important you start applying for one a few months before you plan to move.
- Make sure you change your insurance policies if needed.
- Apply for absentee voting.
- Contact your bank to let them know of your international move. Make sure you ask about international charges and policies as well.
Once the legal and tedious logistics are out of the way, what about actually packing and moving? Normal packing protocol used for local and interstate moves isn’t secure enough for international moving. Thicker boxes, extra padding and larger amounts of packing paper must be used to cushion dishes, electronics and other fragile items from any impact.
- Furniture Wrapping. Chairs, tables and armoires are first wrapped with thick padded brown paper for 100% surface protection. Once that’s done, even thicker corrugated cardboard wrap is secured around all edges for extra support.
- Crating & Special Packing Needs. High-value oil paintings, oversized and ornamental statues and other miscellaneous artwork may require special packing for adequate support and protection. Our shipping experts will help you determine which items should be packed in wooden crates, and which items may need a custom box with Styrofoam.
- Container Loading. Using shipping vessels, these units bob back and forth and your container goes right along with it! Your container is then hoisted by cranes at the ports and transferred to shipping trucks for inland transport.
- Auto Loading & Securing (International Auto Moving). Your vehicle is loaded into a shipping container and secured around all four tires.
Moving Internationally With Daly Movers
Picking the right international moving company can be stressful.
At Daly Movers Inc., we want to make your new and exciting move as easy as possible.
From the first point of contact to the last box being unloaded and unpacked, we’re ready to help you move wherever life takes you.
We look forward to serving you soon!